Tuesday, July 14, 2009

She's Dead, Jim



Ugh.... What a day.

I came into town to run a few errands, and on the way to the local post office, my car died at a light.

Ugh.

I think it's either a problem with the battery or the alternator. I checked the connections, and nothing worked.

So, next step: call someone I know for a battery jump, or perhaps a tow, or at the very least a ride home.

But guess what! I misplaced my cell phone yesterday (I'm sure it'll turn up) so I've not only got no way to call someone (from the car, anyway), but more importantly, I've got no phone numbers of anyone to call given that I really only know two people in about a 3,000 mile radius who are at or above a friend level appropriate for calling for use of some jumper cables and a running vehicle.

I rolled my car into a parking spot (thank goodness there were a few on the street right next to where I stalled) and locked the car up.



At this point, I've got two choices:
a) walk the 5.5 miles home (5.5 miles with a 1500' climb)
b) take a self-guided walking tour of lovely down- and mid-town Hilo and wait by Kalewa's car at his work, and wait for him to leave around 8:30 or so.

Since the walk was much less, and it was a nice day, I took Option B. I also took some photos.

It was a good call. Somehow, the library was still open, and I was able to walk right in instead of spending the next 3 or so hours waiting in the parking lot. So now I'm hiding out here in the IT department, using one of their computers, and writing this to pass the time.

5 comments:

  1. That sucks. Nice video though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your car's brain is dead!! The worst.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you find your phone?
    How's the car now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you loose your computer with your car? Did you fall into the bog of eternal stench?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cameron, I'm beginning to think you are dead. Please don't be dead Cameron. That would bum me out. When are you going to update? Or are you too busy body boarding? :) Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete