Monday, July 29, 2013

Perhaps I Spoke Too Soon...?

...or perhaps not. It's too early to tell. But we did finally get some wind, and the rain is starting to spit.

If the little blue chair blows over, that's when I'll start to worry

Anyway, it's exciting!  I was actually starting to get angry that all my prep was for naught.  Finally at least a little redemption.  

Also, the cement worked really well in keeping the roof on.  There was a bit of creaking and straining as the low pressure passing over tried to lift the roof off, but unlike the cinderblocks of the last storm, the roof didn't even budge this time.  Woohoo!!

Here's the connection to the roof:


 And here's the cement in plastic (in case of leaks, either from within or without):


Anyway, nothing fancy, but it certainly got the job done.  

And now, as I'm wrapping this up, the wind has all but stopped, and the rain is starting to fall in earnest.  And to make things more fun, I just heard the first distant roll of thunder.

I'll leave you with some random pleasantness:

Hawaii

Shhhh

Mmmhmm

Hidden

Awesomeness

No comments:

Post a Comment