Monday, August 2, 2010

Secret Lives of Silent Suffering (and Sarcasm)


Hi folks!
Nothing interesting or exciting to report about lately, but so the blog doesn't slip away unnoticed (as it has in the past), I'm posting anyway.  Actually, one nice thing happened this weekend, but you can read about that here.

Beyond that, be sure to check out this little internet treasure I happened upon this morning.  In a medium (the internet) where so much is dependent on verbal communication, this guy here (Avery Ellis) is absolutely hilarious, all without saying a word.  I've never worked in a music store, and in fact the thought has never really crossed my mind.  But I have worked retail, and anyone who has ever worked retail has had similar moments, but none of us were fortunate enough to capture them with video, and none of us work in a music store where crazy customer behavior is elevated to unprecedented levels vis-a-vis frequency, audio volume, and ego.  This clip is my favorite:





The snapping, then the look of total anger at the end cracks me up every time.

For more of these gems, you can check out http://www.dangerousminds.net/comments/what_its_really_like_to_work_in_a_music_store/

Or, if you'd like to see some other clips, including those of his band (don't ask me, I haven't watched any of those) then check out his YouTube page.

One thing I can say with certainty: It's a mighty good thing this guy doesn't bring a potato rake to work....

No comments:

Post a Comment