Monday, June 15, 2009

I'm a Twit...er.............er

That's right. Any of you use Twitter? I never really saw much point in dealing with it, given the short post length, and kinda chaotic interface. Then I heard about the role it's been playing globally, and more specifically lately in Iran. Frankly, I find that amazing. Granted, the linked article is certainly more commentary than fact, and there's a lot of speculation as to exactly how much of a role Twitter played in uniting people in Iran, but the concept is so very very intriguing.

So I had to sign up to see what it's all about. To be honest, I've got all kinds of suspicions (in the neighborhood of 14) that this is going to be a short-lived experiment. It appears that it's basically the format of the update/comment section of Facebook or MySpace, beefed up to be more public and available for anyone to see.

Since I'm the type that doesn't feel the need to tell everyone I know what I'm doing or thinking at every moment of the day (but instead prefer to save it all up for one long diatribe a week, complete with photos, dialog, and bad puns), it's difficult for me to wrap my mind around how this will be a good thing for me.



Although maybe it's not all bad...... :)

So if you tweet, and wanna meet, take a seat and tweet tout de suite. @cam3ron42

The Revolution may (but probably won't) be Twittered.

1 comment: