Monday, June 15, 2009

This Blog Goes to Eleven!



Dang! How did I miss this?!? SPINAL TAP is playing the Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien tonight! Apparently, they've found someone to brave the drum kit for them (from which he'll certainly catch a bad case of rabbit flu and die instantly or something) and tonight they're going to rock it (tonight they're going to rock it) tonight they're going to rock it TONIGHT!

And this brings us to a crazy quirk of time and space.

I find this out too late to inform any of my friends back home, and early enough for me to wonder what time that show is on here, look it up, and then remember that I don't have a TV anyway, and then impatiently wait for a video of it to pop up on the internet sometime tomorrow.

*sigh*
To quote David St. Hubbins, "Well, I'm sure I'd feel much worse if I weren't under such heavy sedation."

2 comments:

  1. Ultra Sweet. I'm watching them live, playing "heavy duty." I'm not sure who the drummer is, but it's not Mick Fleetwood! Looks like they have a new album releasing tomorrow, "Back from the dead". I guess I would have preferred "Stonehenge" or "Big bottom", but a pretty good performance regardless. It did go to 11.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heavy Duty, eh? Yeah....that's a pretty conservative tune for them. That's too bad. Glad to hear that A) they sounded good and B) you were able to catch it.

    ReplyDelete