Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Captain Random

*first Google image result for "Captain Random*


*fifth Google image result for the same search terms*

As I have nothing interesting to talk about, here are a few items that are good, but not substantial enough to make a whole blog post:



A) The farm has had it's organic certification inspection, and it went really really well.  In a week or two we should get the official notice that we're certified, and that's when it all falls into place, vis-a-vis our farm master plan:

  • Step One: Get a farm
  • Step Two: Get said farm certified organic
  • Step Three: ????
  • Step Four:  Get obscenely rich
It's all obviously almost done.  

B) Borders in Hilo is closing.  The day they released the news in the paper I went (as I was in town anyway) and I picked up a few books.  Today I went again, and they've increased the discount, and I bought a few more books and a movie.  My current obsessive pastime is reading, but it alternates regularly with movie-watching, and today's purchases have left me in a quandary with what to do with this evening (thus the writing a pointless blog as I decide).  Amongst my purchases were "The African Queen" which was finally released on DVD in March and since it was on sale I had to buy it (this brings my AFI Top 100 list DVD ownership to all of the top 37, and 94/100 total), The Complete Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy (which I already owned, but could not resist buying and reading again), as well as "Necronomicon"which is a collection of H.P. Lovecraft's stories, and has thus far been a pleasure to read.  



C) For those in search of more random stories and interesting anecdotes, be sure to check out Kilzer's and Regan's blogs.  Kilzer has recently added a bit about a nice locale to visit if you're in his neck of the woods (and not afraid of snakes or dead animal parts) and Regan's story not only pulls on your heart-strings a bit, but also has a very Regan-esque twist of an ending, and both are well worth the read.

4) I played "chicken" on the road heading home from work three times this week.  Normally this isn't noteworthy, as almost two miles of the road home is one lane, but it's interesting this week because two of those times was me vs. an actual chicken (so far the tally is 1-1...I'll let you know how the tie-breaker works out if it happens)

Take care folks.  I'll share more soon.

5 comments:

  1. Based on our converation last night AND my research on Ancestry.com - I am pretty sure that Katherine Hepburn's pre-Hollywood surname was Hunt. Her birthname was indeed Katherine. She spent most of her early childhood years going by Katie. Once she reached junior high school, she went by Kate. During her stint at Julliard - studying screenplays, most of her transcripts were denoted with a simple "K." before her surname during publishing. After graduating from that prestigious institution, she married a cobbler named, "Hepburn."

    Before 1927, all of her scripte were titled with the author, "K. Hunt."

    Point made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I forgot to say that her surname was Hunt. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lost my internet due to a storm in Kansas...it always came back before till now and days later, so i am on again for a few bleesed moments and where do i go...? TO YOU MY FRIEND!!!!
    Therapy went well today.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. @rjunk - There's a flag to be thrown here.... While I applaud your imagination and creativity which are both quite apparent in your three-post reply, I'm officially calling that a falsehood, and would request you stop spreading lies on the internet, because as well all know, the internet always tells the truth.
    For evidence, here's some other internets written by other people (who admittedly may be as imaginative and creative as yourself): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katharine_Hepburn

    @Joie - Saw the pics of the storm in your email. Crazy...and really pretty too. And thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete