Sunday, August 16, 2009

What Every Blog Needs


I told Kilzer that I was going to record a demo this weekend.

I tried, I really did. But I just couldn't get anything going. Nothing at all. It was depressing. Sorry Mike.

But what I did come up with instead is the "Next Big Thing" for bloggers.

Theme Music.

That's right.

Theme Music.

Every good blog has it's own theme music, right? WRONG. It's just not happening out there. So what I've done is I've created a series of samples for you to...well....sample. What you need to do is to let me know which one you think would fit best with the blog. I'll take the winning jingle, maybe add to it, or maybe not, and I'll include it in an inline player (like the ones below) at the top of the board, so you can hear it whenever you'd like.

I'll add a poll on the right side of the blog, so be sure to vote there, as well as add comments below stating why you like the one you do.

Ready?

Here we go!
***EDIT: If you're having trouble getting the player to work, you might have to install an ActiveX control. There should be a prompt to do so at the top of the webpage (below the menus and buttons) if you need it. I've also added direct links to the files if you'd rather play them in your own player.***
1. Welcome Download

2. Gettin' It Download

3. Take It! Download

As you can tell, they're not the highest quality songs every written, but I had a lot of fun learning about the new studio, and a lot of fun making this crap up. In fact, I had one spell there where I couldn't stop laughing for 10 minutes! It's one thing if that happens when you're around other people, but by myself? I think I might need to be committed. :)

Anyway, thanks ahead of time for voting.

Sidenote: 50th post! Woohoo!

5 comments:

  1. It's hard to overstate how much I hate websites that play music when they open. Put down one vote for "none of the above."

    ReplyDelete
  2. John- I completely agree. I guess I wasn't clear when I said "I'll include it in an inline player (like the ones below) at the top of the board, so you can hear it whenever you'd like." By that I meant that it'd be there to play whenever someone wants, but I have no intention of having it play automatically. That drives me crazy as well. But thanks for the input!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I get a demerit on "reading comprehension"

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first I didn't want to vote, out of anger because you didn't actually write the demo you promised...but I listened anyway. I think "Take it" is the best theme of the bunch. I laughed out loud.

    ReplyDelete