Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Fun With Gradients

So the other day, Kaleo approached me and told me that while my photos are pretty ok, she was thinking that if I did something more "artsy" with them, I might have a better chance of selling them sometime down the line when I've got more of a portfolio together.  I dunno about all of that, but I do know that I do enjoy me some photo editing.

I think I've mentioned it before, but I'll bring it up again.  Typically for photo editing, I use GIMP (gimp.org).  It's free, it's mostly functional, it's easy to get around in if you've used Photoshop, and it's free.  So it's perfect for what I do.  And did I mention it's free?  :)

So I took three of my photos and started playing with them.  Today I basically just used the gradient tool (transition gradually from one thing to another), layers, and layer masks.  I also used a few "artistic" filters to, you know...make it more artsy or whatever.

So here are the three, in the order that I made them.   You should be able to click on them to see a larger view.  Lemme know what you think so I can improve.

Gracias.





No comments:

Post a Comment