Saturday, November 13, 2010

Son of Jor-El...

Imagine I photoshopped a potato rake in there somewhere
KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!!!

Like everyone from Krypton, our farm is now powered by the Earth's yellow sun.  Our improvements were extensive and very effective.  We swapped out four low wattage panels for twelve high watt ones, added a charge controller, a DC monitoring system, rewired the power shed, added  door to the battery room, and generally made everything better.

Before we were getting a max of 2.5 KWh out of our solar, and now we're at 6 KWh on really cloudy days, and up to 20 KWh on sunny days in the summer.  Life is good.  We can now use electric fridges, power up the studio w/out running the generator, and I'm going to invest in a nice surround sound system after Christmas.

I was planning a long detailed blog about this, but there's no way I could do that in 7 minutes.....plus it'd be boring.

Strangely enough, we were doing all of this work at the same time that Des blogged about her publicity she and her mom were getting about their system.  I really wanted to blog about it then, but we didn't have all of the components yet.

Also strange in the timing, Hawtness.com posted this photo, that basically represents exactly what our farm and system look like now:

I swear I didn't photoshop that at all

2 comments: