Wednesday, May 6, 2009

FINALLY!

Yep.

It finally happened.

I've been here 64 days, and the event that everyone has been waiting for has finally happened.

Today, for the very first time since I've been here.......




I.............






.................got...............................






.........sunburned.



Now, before all of you mommers out there (including my mother) start pressing the importance of sunscreen and all, please keep in mind that it's been SIXTY-FOUR days here until I got burned. That's pretty good, in my book.

And before you weirdos start asking for photos or something, lemme tell you up front, it's not going to happen. But if that doesn't quell your curiosity, take a gander at this pic I took. Granted, it's a little close up, but you get the idea.


So there you have it.


And, yes, I've got some aloe to put on it tonight (so Mom, no worries, it's really not that bad)

6 comments:

  1. congrats Cameron. to feel the sun on your face, ahhh. Hopefully it isn't too bad. Great pic once again.

    p.s. I have a manual SLR if you want it. It is manual though so whatever you take pix of, the lab will only develop the medium tones of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah.....I see now.
    For the record, I didn't actually take that pic. I stole it from the internet, as a joke about what a close-up of my back looks like. My bad. In re-reading, I see how what I said could cause some confusion. And for the record, if I ever was that close to lava, I'd be Forrest Gump-ing my butt out of there as fast as my magic legs could carry me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops, got the joke, just playing along!! funny visual though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just out of curiosity, how come you don't mention how you got burned? Is it b/c it took 64 days for you to fully revert back to "Nature" or 64 days for you to get too skinny for your clothes so while out looking for a fresh fig leaf to fashion a cloth of some sort you got burned? Are fig leaves hard to find there?

    Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A) I only revert to "Nature" in the privacy of my own home, or in the supermarket, where I can't get burned (but the freezer section is quite chilly)
    B) I have lost a little weight, but not enough for my clothes not to fit......so far.
    C) I got burned while bodyboarding, which incidentally is a crazy fun time. I was only out for a couple of hours, and I got burned only in places where I couldn't properly apply sunscreen (aka my back)
    D) To be honest, I have no idea if there are fig leaves here or not, but if there are, I'll be sure to have a few set aside for when you and Paul come to visit (since it kinda sounds like you're looking to get back to "Nature" :P )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does this mean Im gonna get to see the sun while Im there?!?!?!?!

    HOOOOOOOOORAY!

    ReplyDelete