Wednesday, May 5, 2010

It's Not All Flowers and Rainbows

These days I seem to be getting a lot of comments like "It must be so great living in Hawaii," and "You're so lucky to be living on the islands," and that sort of thing,  So with this post, I'm here to set the record straight that it is indeed not all flowers and rainbows here on the Big Island.  Here is a list of examples as to why, all having occurred just today:


  • This morning I drank some coffee that was so good and so strong that I was too shaky to type on my iPod about how good the coffee was!
  • After that, the dogs were running around like crazy with all of this open space they have.  There are far too many interesting things to smell and things to chase for these pups to manage.
  • Then we went to the beach at Honoli'i like we do every Wednesday morning, and it was kind of cloudy!  The nerve of that atmospheric moisture.  We have to deal with that all of the time.
  • Because of the clouds, there were only half as many pretty women wearing bikinis as usual out surfing, bringing the number down to about 10....and I'm sure we can all agree that's almost not worth the gas for the 4 mile drive down the hill
  • Of course, while we were out in the water, there were sea turtles everywhere, and while you don't have to work to avoid them because they're very good at staying out of the way, they are quite distracting.
  • Then it started to rain a little bit, and that was the last straw, so we came home and had a delicious lunch out on the deck overlooking the farm, and it was so calm and quiet, I could actually hear myself think.  We all know what trouble that can be.
I honestly don't know how anyone could stand to live here.

(and yes, I'm a jerk  :) )

9 comments:

  1. a jerk who spells too wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH SURE! The one time you read my blog, and I've got a typo! ha ha ha

    Ok....fixed it.

    (your shirt's on fire)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My screen saver at work has palm trees in it. You do suck...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and by the way, that shirt will need holes cut out so I can still drink.....and eat brains.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jen et. al. - yes, yes.

    @Mr. Richards - You mean the zombie shirt? Indeed! Actually I think an integrated straw system would be best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. personally I don't know how you put up with all those ugly rainbows dropping out of the sky and banging into your yurt....

    ReplyDelete