Wednesday, May 5, 2010

¿Que?


¡Hola Amigos!

Yes, I know you're all impressed with my Character Map copy and paste skills, but let's get down to brass tacks.



At this juncture in this nation's history, there's a lot of debate and controversy over immigration, immigration reform, and the like.  Given this platform of communication I have been granted, I believe it is my responsibility to use it in a way to affect change and enlightenment in the minds, hearts and souls of my readers.  And as with most other topics of any weight or value, I'm consciously deciding to shirk that responsibility.

On that note, let me tell you about how Cinco de Mayo is celebrated here on the farm.

At first, we felt the need to do something, since Kalwea was often mistaken as being Mexican during his stay in Colorado.  His current subscription to Latina magazine (seriously, not kidding) only strengthens that misconception, and so we thought we'd go the whole nine yards with it.

The troubles began when Kaleo suggested that we have nonalcoholic margaritas.  I said she was half right.  Or, if you prefer by character count, she was 86.36% right.  But given their personal views and lifestyle, (no meat, eggs, or alcohol) and given that I've promised myself to only drink on the weekends (Thurs-Tues), the drinks are out.

And with that topic discussed, we realized the larger problem, and all celebrations were scrapped.

You see, Mayo has eggs in it.  And "Cinco de Veganaise" is just silly.

3 comments:

  1. wow. that was painfully cheesy. wow. but I guess you have to follow your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my heart is full of cheese, because we can still eat that here (thank goodness)

    ReplyDelete