Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Few Updates

(just to keep you up to speed)

I'm sure you've all been thinking that now that K&K are back I've stopped writing again.  Understandable, sure. I'd probably be thinking the same thing.  But I'd be wrong.

Truth be told, I've been spending the time I would normally have been writing scouring the internet for options on streamlining my "blog presence" (in the parlance of our times).  I've decided that I need to have a blog that's nothing but photos, so I can list that with any that I have on display around town, and the folks that follow up on that link can look at my work without having to read all about my first surfing experience or how KTA Supermarket would be better if the lady in front of me shot the clerk.  Make sense?  I thought so.  Don't worry....I'll have links here to the photo pages as well, so you won't miss out on anything if you don't want to follow that blog on your own.  I've got you covered.

Beyond that, some interesting things have been going on around here.  You know, ups and downs, strikes and gutters...  And since I have a few minutes, I figured I'd share them with you.
First of all, the farm is now officially famous.  The article including us (including photos) is in the current Hana Hou magazine.  Pretty sweet deal....pretty crappy photo of me.  I'm only sending a copy to my mom, so if you want to see the actual article and photos (including the crappy one of me) then you'll have to talk with her.  If you'd like to read it online, you can find the full article here, and our part of the story is on page 4 (for those of you who don't want to read the whole thing.....slackers :)  ).  We were told at one point that we were up for the cover, and that the whole story might be about the farm, but the original writer is not credited in the magazine, so we have no idea what's going on over there.  As far as the cover goes, I think this woman is stunning (a.k.a. super hot), and if it were my choice I'd have put her on the cover as well.  On the upside, we've been introduced to somewhere in the neighborhood of one million readers.  So that's kinda cool, I guess.

Second of all, Kope Kope, one of the local coffee shops, has re-opened its doors, and is willing to let me put some of my photos up in the place.  One of the employees there seems to be quite the photographer, and has even sold some photos, so it's a bit intimidating.  But, whatever.  I'll get a few things going on there and see how it goes.  I'm sure I'll have more on that later as things start to come together.


Lastly of all, well....I've got no lastly of all at all.  What am I talking about?  I've got nothing.

So that's it for now.

3 comments:

  1. congrats on the article - that's awesome! is that you with the surf board? you do realize you may have to create a Kaiwiki tour of the farm! You should start designing the t-shirts now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to remember a one, Mike Kilzer signing a release to THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA so that they could use his picture - standing in front of an artist's rendering of the Moab Desert Valley at the Visitor's Center. He might be famous when Obama approves the new National Park Visitor's Guide. Little did they know, we were just so FUCKING HOT! It was the 4th time we visited the Visitor Center that day.

    I've been busy too, if you would like - go to Party City's Twitter page and look at the TweetPics. I'm the guy in the beer bottle costume...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jen: No, not me with the board. And we've talked about the farm tour, but that's a few years off yet, I think.

    @Rjunk: Yeah..... I seem to remember that Kilzer guy.... He's got a blog he never writes on anymore, and he also has been slacking on the commenting here.... I guess that's what a girlfriend does to the guy. :)

    Also, sweet beerman pic. But please note that it could be worse. I saw someone on the street last week in a mattress costume. That's right, they were a mattress. Better to be a beer every time.

    ReplyDelete