Wednesday, April 28, 2010

First Time for Everything

I've had a lot of "firsts" since moving here, including:
-being under a hurricane warning
-waking up to air-raid sirens because a tsunami is on its way
-choking on volcanic fog
-watching whales breach

Now I know these (and most other) examples are because any of those events would be geographically, meteorologically, or geologically improbable or impossible in Colorado.

But the other day, something happened that could have happened in Colorado (although I would have considered it very bizarre), but happened here instead:



Someone painted my house.

No...I don't mean someone physically put paint on my house; I mean someone made a painting of the yurt.  She also made one of the little house.  And then she gave us the paintings!



Joie Webster has been house-sitting for some neighbor friends of mine, Janice and Gary, who've been visiting family on the mainland.  I don't know if she has a website with more of her work, but if I find she does, I'll add it her as an update.

Pretty cool though, eh?

2 comments:

  1. A truly lovely "Yurt-scape" fresco.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cameron! I found the blog! Man I miss you all. Janice and Gary need to travel more so I can come back and they have asked about this fall, except the ticket from Kansas is such a bite! I am really touched you put the little paintings out there in the universe. I have 12 little ones in the Hawai'i Watercolor Society's Small Kine show going on this June 2 to June 19 in sunny Honolulu H. I will send a link to my new blog when I figure out what it is....duh, new at this.
    with much Aloha, Joie

    ReplyDelete